Thursday 9 January 2014

Yunnan Trip (Part Nine)

After visiting SongZanLin Monastery, the driver asked us where we wanted to go next. Bro and I were like we wanted to go to the largest Spinning Prayer Wheel in the world and took a closer look.

So, bro and I went up while parents waiting for us because they didn't want to go up after they heard that we need to climb up a small hill.

DSCN0627
#1

DSCN0628
#2 Yak

And finally got a chance to meet a real Tibetan Mastiff which I was eager to see in this trip. Can I carry back home?
DSCN0629
#3 

DSCN0643
#4

DSCN0633
#5

DSCN0642
#6

DSCN0636
#7 Standing a height of 24 meters

DSCN0638
#8

DSCN0641
#9
It takes about 30 people to spin the Prayer Wheel. A lot of people gathered there but they couldn't spin it, so bro and I went up and span for like 3 rounds.

It was fun to watch the process and I happened to see another side of China where everyone got together, not knowing each other and yelling 'one, two, three!', and everyone would push the wheel so that the Prayer Wheel would spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment